Type2 diabetes: I started out 15 years ago on the pill. I got sick last year and now I take a neddle twice a day. You think I can go back on the pill?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: NEED insulin shots

Back 15 years ago when you were diagnosed with diabetes ii you already had lost a large percentage of Insulin producing 'islet cells' in your pancreas.
As time goes you lose more pancreas function thereby creating an Insulin shortage in your body. Here's a fact: at a certain point in time =the pills stop working (they can not replace the Insulin you are lacking)insulin shots will help get control.

In brief: NEED insulin shots

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran

In brief: Check with doctor

Your doctor have reasons to put on injection at this time.
However if you work with your diet and exercise, your blood sugar is better, your doctor can change back to the pills.Depend on age, older pt in which type 2 diabetes .Can do well with diet and exercise.

In brief: Check with doctor

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. Adam Levy