Have GERD Is ranitidine better than Nexium (esomeprazole) and Pepcid to help take away burning stuck feeling in throat.

There is no one best. medication for GERD. the best med will be the one that you & your doc find helps you the best, with the fewest side effects. ranitidine is an H2 blocker, as is pepcid; while nexium (esomeprazole) is a "PPI" or proton pump inhibitor. it seems unlikely, that if a PPI + an H2 blocker is not fully effective now, that an H2 blocker alone (ranitidine) would be effective. review ur sxs w/ ur MD to find the best tx 4 u!
It Depends. Ranitidine (Zantac) and Pepcid are called H2 blockers and work quick to treat GERD.You take them when you need them or on a fixed schedule for a while.Nexium (esomeprazole) is a PPI and takes a day or 2 to work and is continued for some time to tx the underlying condition.With BP meds and thyroid probs esp Mag & Ca issues are a concern with PPI's.Not sure from your ? if on both Nexium (esomeprazole)/Pepcid, if Y need more w/u.
Treat or prevent. Ranitidine and pepcid are good for acute heartburn symptoms. They act quickly for a relative short period and can be taken multiple times a day as needed. Nexium (esomeprazole) is indicated for chronic GERD, it helps decrease acid and allows damage to heal, but it takes time to have its effect and it is recommended that you use it daily for at least 4 weeks.