How do I know if my child is colorblind?

In brief: Color plates

Your pcp may have a copy of the ishihara (?Sp) plates that are used as a screening test for the various levels of color blindness.
I seldom have a request for this screening but find the process helpful. My pcp found a mild issue with my vision with my pre college exam & i keep a copy of the book around to screen kids if asked. If he is old enough to answer questions this can pick it up.

In brief: Color plates

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: See eyedoctor

If the child is old enough to identify numbers, the eye doctor can test for this with pictures that have different colored numbers in them.

In brief: See eyedoctor

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni