I have a nabothian cyst on my cervix, follicles in my left ovary and abnormal cells on my pap smear. What could it be?

Dr. Ali Khazaei
Gynecology

In brief: No relation

These findings are not related! Nabothian cysts are harmless enlarged cervical glands that may happen for all women.
Producing follicles (eggs) is the normal function of the ovaries. How ever the abnormal cell on the cervix are of course abnormal! But it depends what is the extent of this abnormality, for each stage different follow-up or treatment is necessary. You have to consult your doctor.

In brief: No relation

Dr. Kathy Robinson

In brief: See physician

Nabothian cysts are normal and will resolve on their own.
Ovarian follicles can be benign or can be a symptom of something like polycystic ovary syndrome. Abnormal cells on the pap smear must be interpreted by your doctor. I would definitely get your physician's opinion about the follicles and abnormal pap

In brief: See physician

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham