Was told I had a narrowing of the anal canal due to scarring after colon surgery. Called a fissure? What is the success rate of fixing this w surgery?

In brief: Miscommunication
I think you are confusing your terms here.
What you are describing sounds like an anal stricture/stenosis. An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the anus. These are two totally different processes with different treatments. I would clarify with your physician what it is you have exactly. Strictures can initially be treated with dilation.

In brief: Miscommunication
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Fairly good
Lots of options. Balloon dilation, surgical dilation.
Doesn't sound like a fissure. Sometimes an house-flap anoplasty. Depends on location and extent of stricture.

In brief: Fairly good
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
In brief: Pretty good
Most likely had low anterior resection of colon that is the attachment (anastomosis ) is just above the anal canal , by dilating the narrow area will improve.

In brief: Pretty good
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery