I went indoor sky diving and afterwards, the top of my shoulder, inside of my forearm and thumb (not the fingers) were numb and tingling. What's up?

Dr. William Boggs
In brief: Neuropathy
Sounds like you may have developed a mild peripheral neuropathy (likely temporary) as a result of pressure from the parachute gear on your brachial plexus (a network of nerves that supply the arm and hand).
This is much like waking up with numb arm/fingers after sleeping "wrong." this has been reported with backpacks, although I have not seen reports of peripheral neuropathy after skydiving.

In brief: Neuropathy
Dr. William Boggs
Dr. William Boggs
Dr. Eric Weisman