I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and I have been using a cpap machine for 1 1/2 years. And I still wake up every morning exhausted. What to do?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Need a reevaluation
You need to be reevaluated by whoever set up your cpap.
You may need a higher pressure setting or some other tweak to get it working properly for you.

In brief: Need a reevaluation
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Gary Lederman
CPAP compliance is generally air at best. MAD appliance can Reduce dependence on CPAP or reduce the pressure needed to be effective. I agree with the need for reevaluation.
In brief: New sleep study
Get back to your dr. And inform them of your issues.
The dr. Will probably want to have you take a new sleep study.

In brief: New sleep study
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
In brief: Maybe Nuvigil
Nuvigil and Provigil are indicated to help with excessive fatigue caused by sleep apnea if CPAP is not helping enough.
About 30% of patients who compliantly and correctly use CPAP can still have significant daytime fatigue and these meds can often help with that symptom.

In brief: Maybe Nuvigil
Dr. Christopher Bojrab
Dr. Christopher Bojrab
Dr. Louis Cady
Also make sure all CPAP settings are set appropriately and that you have had an adequate "titration" - or adjustment - of your pressures done in a monitored sleep lab.
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Have it adjusted
It sounds like you need to have another sleep study, you might need to have your machine adjusted.

In brief: Have it adjusted
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology