I need help I have something that looks like a ringworm behind my neck I went to the doctor and he gave ketoconazole cream I wanted to go away fast ?

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Patience...

Nothing is fast with any fungal infections.
Be consistent, try not to forget any applications, and follow up with your doctor when she/he directed you to. It may help to take pictures (now and weekly), so you will be able to compare and appreciate your progress.

In brief: Patience...

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: "ringworm" is a …

fungal infection of the skin that takes time to resolve, even with the right medication (ketoconazole is a good one); most infections take at least 2 weeks of reliably applying the medication as directed.
I often advise using the med for one more week to assure that deeper skin layers are cleared of fungus. Wash clothing/bedding/pillows that have come in contact with the fungus.

In brief: "ringworm" is a …

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Adam Smith