I am on asmanex twisthaler now to help with my asthma, but I don't feel like I am getting anything. I have asked and I am doing it right. Not sure?

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: See below

Asmanex is a maintenance medication, you are not expected to feel like you are getting anything after you take it.
This is a common misconception. Is your asthma getting better overall? That is how you measure your response. If not, there are other similar medications that may help you, talk to your doctor.

In brief: See below

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Asthma Education

See yiur doctor and learn how to correctly use your inhaler properly

In brief: Asthma Education

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Ask your doc or

Nurse to demonstrate proper use of the inhaler.
If you still feel you're not getting adequate benefit, discuss that with doc for possible change to different med or added medication. Doc may need to do pre- & post-inhaler lung function testing.

In brief: Ask your doc or

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: May not

ASmanex is a dry powder inhaler and does not have the typical "blast" that comes from using a pressurized meter does inhaler. Having said that there is a proper and improper way to use this inhaler. One's technique should be reviewed with the prescribing physician.

In brief: May not

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Shontae Buffington