I am 20 and I have cellulite on my thighs and a little on my butt. What is the reasoning behind this? I don't have kids and I weigh around 130.

Dr. Marc Hirsch
In brief: No reason
Usually cellulite occurs somewhat older, but there is no way to prevent or really treat it.
Stay in good condition with movement and resistance training. Eat real food, like fruits and vegetables. Along with protein. It's a normal occurrence and there's not much you can do about it. Don't let dimpling of your fatty tissue bum you out.

In brief: No reason
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Marc Hirsch
I hear you. I would not use heavy resistance, but either universal machines set for low resistance or light weights mostly to tone the underlying muscles. This will not get rid of the cellulite, but it will shape your arms and legs. For thighs and butt you want to do lunges and/or squats. Consult a trainer at a Y or other gym. Do your abs also.
Dr. Adam Levy