When will I need to see my doctor for follow up after cataract surgery?

Dr. David Sachs
Ophthalmology

In brief: Talk to your Dr.

You need to talk to your cataract surgeon, but typically you will be see the day after surgery, 1 week after surgery and 1 month after surger.

In brief: Talk to your Dr.

Dr. David Sachs
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends

Followup is based upon general practice guidelines, how well the surgery went, distance the patient needs to travel, etc.
Typically, the routine post op course is 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, but sometimes less or more visits depending on if the surgery went smoothly or there are complications.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: Variable

Everyone sees their patients either a few hours or one day after surgery.
Some surgeons make the next appointment within a week, others 2 weeks, and some a month later. It may also depend on which lens implant is placed in your eye.

In brief: Variable

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Christopher Hood
Ophthalmology

In brief: 1 day, 1 wk, 1 mo

This is typical, but can be somewhat variable.
Seeing the doctor on the day following surgery is almost universal to make sure the eye is healing well.

In brief: 1 day, 1 wk, 1 mo

Dr. Christopher Hood
Dr. Christopher Hood
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology

In brief: Cataract Surgery FU

Most eye MDs see patients 1day, 1 week, 1 month, 3-6mo, 1 year after cataract surgery.

In brief: Cataract Surgery FU

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. John Jarstad
Ophthalmology

In brief: 1 day 2 weeks 3 mos

We see our routine surgical patients the following day to check eye pressure and rule out infection, then again at two weeks for a change in glasses or to teach accommodation with the crystalens iol and again about three months later. Every post operative cataract patient should have an annual eye exam to look for a cloudy film that develops in 20 % of patients and is easy to fix with laser.

In brief: 1 day 2 weeks 3 mos

Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Cataract surgery

I see my patients after surgery on 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month.
If issues occur, then additional visits may be needed.

In brief: Cataract surgery

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery