Does a displacement of the meniscus root mean that it is torn? Can the anterior cruciate ligament tear from twisting your knee while standing?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
Displacement of the meniscus means to me tear, it is unlikely to tear acl from twisting action while stand.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Michael Patney
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Usually and yes
The meniscal root is where the meniscus attaches at the center of the knee so displacement usually means a tear. The acl is subject to tearing while standing and twisting the knee.
That mechanism results in the "terrible triad" of meniscus tear, mcl tear and acl tear. Have it evaluated by an orthopedist.

In brief: Usually and yes
Dr. Michael Patney
Dr. Michael Patney
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine