Should I bring someone with me on the day of surgery?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
If you are receiving any kind of IV anesthesia, it is usually required to bring someone on the day of surgery to take you home.

Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Charles Breaux
Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: That's a good idea
You will be concerned or anxious, maybe get some preop sedation, and be recovering from anesthesia postop, so you may not remember much about what happened or what you are told.
A trusted support person is therefore very important. In addition, if you have outpatient surgery, you cannot drive yourself home afterwards due to the recent anesthetic, so you should have a designated driver with you.

In brief: That's a good idea
Dr. Charles Breaux
Dr. Charles Breaux
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery