Can erosion of esophagus cause chest pain and throat pain?

Dr. Marvin Ott
Emergency Medicine

Dana, GERD can cause both of those symptoms.
If you have issues, avoid spicy or fatty foods, alcohol, and caffeine. Try ranitidine or famotidine. If your symptoms get worse or don't resolve, please see your doctor. Hope this helps!

Dr. Marvin Ott
Dr. Marvin Ott
Dr. Lori Semel

In brief: Esophageal pain

Both chest pain an throat pain can be symptoms of esophageal erosion.

In brief: Esophageal pain

Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. David Fink

Erosive esophagitis and acid reflux can cause chest pain, it's probably the reflux causing the throat pain.
I see that you're already taking a potent anti-acid medication (Nexium (esomeprazole)). I would try to reduce or even avoid NSAIDs for a while since these medications can cause erosion of the esophagus (and ulcers in the stomach). Take the Nexium (esomeprazole) at bedtime, and always eat some food when taking NSAIDs.

Dr. David Fink
Dr. David Fink
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine