Can breath holding episodes be a symptom of tourette syndrome?

In brief: Can't see it
By definition Tourette behaviors are repetitive,brief,involuntary movements that can be influenced but not controlled by the patient.
Breath-holding is not brief and remains under too much patient control to be considered Tourette like.

In brief: Can't see it
Dr. Alfredo Soto
In brief: Maybe
It helps to actually see the behavior/movement but in my clinical experience I have com across an individual who has unusual breath-holding that seems to fit the picture of a tic disorder like tourettes.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Jonathan Jassey