Can somebody be addicted to Suboxone and xanax (alprazolam)?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management
In brief: Suboxone xanax (alprazolam)
Yes you can be addicted to both.

In brief: Suboxone xanax (alprazolam)
Yes you can be addicted to both.
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Absolutely
The combination of xanax (alprazolam) and Suboxone can be problematic and addictive.
Suboxone is usually quite safe unless mixed with drugs called benzodiazapine like xanax (alprazolam). The combination can actually be deadly. In my practice, I have all of patients on Suboxone sign a contract stating they will not take any benzodiazapine, or they risk being terminated as a patient. Xanax (alprazolam) withdrawal can cause seizures.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management
Suboxone and Xanax (alprazolam) are drugs in the opiate and benzodiazepine class of medications respectively, both of which can cause physical dependence, and also cause addiction to individuals who are susceptible to the development of addiction.
The person in question should have a good assessment by a physician certified by the american society of addiction medicine (http://www.Asam.Org/).

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Eric Weisman