Am I guaranteed to see 20/20 without glasses after lasik surgery?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: No

No physician can ever guarantee an outcome of a medical or surgical procedure.
Be cautious if any such claim is made.

In brief: No

Be cautious if any such claim is made.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: LASIK guarantees

No. Don't believe all the hype and the slick advertising.
Although I am a lasik surgeon, and although most people end up with excellent vision after lasik eye surgery, each person is different, and each person heals differently after surgery. About 98% of lasik patients are happy with their vision after lasik surgery.

In brief: LASIK guarantees

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

Stay away from anyone that makes promises in medicine and surgery.
I believe that the lasik surgeon should be the one to asses the patient (pre-op) and follow the patient after lasik surgery (post-op). The presence of conditions such as cataracts, presbyopia, dry eyes, glaucoma, diabetes damage may eliminate you as candidate use www.Certificationmatters.Org or www.Facs.Org as a starting point.

In brief: No

Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: No

It is impossible to guarantee a particular vision after lasik surgery but if you are a good laser candidate your highly likely to obtain 20/20 after healed.

In brief: No

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

All surgery including lasik carries some degree of unpredictability.
While most who have lasik see 20/20 afterwards, some eyes heal a little differently and other factors come in to play. You will definitely see better and probably will be happy with the result. And in most cases that will be 20/20.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery