If high myopia (near -7) and floaters (flashers once but doc cleared me) w/ no history of retinal detachment, is it safe to ride rollercoasters/waterslides, or does this increase risk of it happening?

Dr. Christopher Gee
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: Enjoy your life!

There is some debate that rapid acceleration or deceleration may increase the risk of retinal detachment.
My opinions is that it does not. What is more important is to recognize symptoms of a problem, ie flashing lights, new floaters, or a curtain or shadow obstructing vision.

In brief: Enjoy your life!

Dr. Christopher Gee
Dr. Christopher Gee
Dr. William Lages
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Some risk

High myopia is associated with a higher risk of retinal detachment than normal.
Any sudden impact can increase that risk. It's not high risk, but it is your eye.Been there.

In brief: Some risk

Dr. William Lages
Dr. William Lages
Dr. Jack Hinkle