Can the pulse be strong but still the BP be normal? If i feel the pulse strong in me neck it is probably high BP right? And if i dont its the opposite

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Not accurate

Your fingers aren't that good.
Measure your BP. Don't even begin to think you can guess it by palpating your carotid pulse. There are variables: depth of the artery under your sternoclidomastoid muscles, your ability to discern are the 2 biggest ones.

In brief: Not accurate

Your fingers aren't that good.
Dr. Jeffrey Faggard

In brief: Check your BP.

The simplest solution would be to check your blood pressure.
There can be a correlation between how your pulse feels and what your bp is, but I would not rely on that, especially for detecting high blood pressure. there are many factors that determine how your pulse feels that is unrelated to your bp like how much tissue is between your finger and the artery your are feeling.

In brief: Check your BP.

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine