What is plaque buildup in arteries?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Atherosclerosis

Narrowing or 'hardening of the arteries' seems like the body's way of planned obsolescence--or complete wearing out.
Over time our arteries become more narrow and certain conditions speed up the process: smoking, diabetes (and overweight/metabolic syndrome), hi blood pressure, and hi cholesterol. Exercise can slow down the process. Plaque build up in arteries leads to heart attack and strokes.

In brief: Atherosclerosis

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: I would also add...

Cholesterol deposition in the arteries is preventable as some individuals and cultures do not get cad.
Read "the china study" or watch cnn's "the last heart attack" or the documentary "forks over knives".

In brief: I would also add...

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Umesh Patel