Is there a long recovery process from pituitary tumor surgery?

Not usually.... For an average pituitary surgery, recovery is relatively short (i.e. Out of hospital in a few days, back to work within a couple of weeks). Recovery depends on many factors, however. Fortunately, surgery usually goes smoothly, but leakage of spinal fluid, excess bleeding, etc. Can cause some bumps along the way, and some patients have prolonged sinus issues or pituitary-related hormone problems.
Not usually. In most cases recovery is very rapid. However, adjustment of hormone levels may take several weeks. The surgery itself should not cause a long recovery phase unless complications develop. Subsequent treatment with radiation and hormone replacement can be quite tricky.