How can I make sure my teeth don't have stains on them once I get my braces off? I drink a lot of coffee

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Easy & predictable

The best way to prevent stains after your orthodontic treatment is perfect brushing and flossing, choosing tooth-healthy foods and beverages and using a fluoride toothpaste.

In brief: Easy & predictable

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Stains

Coffee stains can be removed easily by your dentist so this is not a problem. What is a problem is having foods and liquids high in refined sugars and acids.
Brush and floss and at least rinse out after meals and snacks. Ask your own Orthodontist to monitor your home care.

In brief: Stains

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Stains cars scars

if your teeth have food pigment induced stains they will be polished away when your braces are removed.
Scars (damage to the tooth enamel), however, is pretty much permanent. See your Dentist at least 2x/year for cleaning. Brush thoroughly 2x/day for 2full minutes by the clock. Use fluoridated toothpaste & mouth wash. Floss or Water Pik daily. Avoid acidic foods.

In brief: Stains cars scars

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Jack Hinkle