What are the odds of me having type two diabetes? (18 f) I don't really exercise and eat normally. Feels: tingling in feet and frequent urination.

Dr. Karen Dantin

In brief: Check it out

See your doc for blood tests to know for sure

In brief: Check it out

Dr. Karen Dantin
Dr. Karen Dantin
Dr. Per Freitag
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Check it out

A blood and urine test would tell you if you have diabetes type II

In brief: Check it out

Dr. Per Freitag
Dr. Per Freitag
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Type 2 risk factors

Hi. Any phenotype (look it up!) is a result of your genes & your environmental factors.
Genetics plays a role, and you can't change your genes. There is no way to lower risk of type 1, other than some experimental means. Risk of type 2 can be reduced by living a healthy lifestyle with healthy diet, lifelong regular exercise, and maintenance of ideal body weight. Are you overweight, inactive, etc?

In brief: Type 2 risk factors

Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine