Do I have a tooth absess? I just noticed a lump on my gums 3 days ago. It only hurts if I put pressure on it. It has turned purple

In brief: Could be

It also may be that you have food or debris stuck between your teeth or under your gum. This really needs to be addressed by a local dentist.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Needs to be seen

It could be a number if things and not necessarily a tooth abscess, but something that should be seen right away regardless.
The sooner you see a dentist the sooner risk of even bigger problem is gone.

In brief: Needs to be seen

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: More than likely!

More than likely from your description, you have an abscess that is starting to express itself in that area of your gum. If the purple are forms a pimple head that may have a drainage hole, you have an abscess for sure! While it may not hurt, a dental abscess is life threatening.
See a dentist ASAP and get appropriate care!

In brief: More than likely!

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Possibly

See the dentist. You don't want to risk damage to the roots of your teeth at this young age!!

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine