Sometimes when I get stressed, nervous or my skin becomes irritated, I will break out in random hives that eventually go away. What can be the cause?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Immune system alert

For some reason (often it is mysterious even with best efforts to identify the agent) some people's immune systems go into an emergency alert mode and send out defensive weapons to protect you from what it feels as a threat.
Unfortunately, it usually is an over-reaction and causes more problems for you. If your dr agrees - a daily benedryl may help. Be ready with an epi-pin & 911 for emergency!

In brief: Immune system alert

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel