Osgood schlatter disease. What is it?

Overuse injury. Osgood sclatters disease is a repetative overuse injury, caused by the pull of tight muscles during periods of rapid bone growth.
Traction apophysitis. Osgood schlatters is a traction injury of the patellar tendon (the one on the bottom of the kneecap) to the top of the shin bone. When the injury or inflammation occurs on the kneecap side it's called sinding larrssen johansen syndrome when it's on the shin side it's osgood schlatters disease. The treatment is rice (rest ice compression and elevation) occasionally an infra patellar strap is useful.