Been dealing with post partum hair loss for almost a year now and I have patches of hair missing on the sides and the back, in the crown and in the front. Blood work came back normal. How to fix?

Dr. Edward Seegers

In brief: Alopecia

Chastity, this is not uncommon after pregnancy.
Have your TSH (thyroid) checked and a dermatologist to check for alopecia areata. If a physiological loss of hair, there is a chance it may grow back. Until then I would consider extensions etc to cover. I would not go the drastic route of hair transplant just yet! Make sure other drugs not the cause! thanks

In brief: Alopecia

Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: Do complete thyroid

work up, and panel and looking at the thyroid hormone, and the three T3, (liothyronine) free T4, RT three, antibody panels to rule out that there may not be this component causing problem. Sometimes postpartumly, if your pituitary was affected, this needs to be looked at too.

In brief: Do complete thyroid

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jane Van Dis