How can I prevent depressed feelings that arise from anti gay opinions?

Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery

In brief: Depression

Don't allow small minded bigots to rule your world.
You have as much right as they do to the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. Sexual orientation is your own business and educated people respect and honor that privacy. Seek gay support groups to help and validate you.

In brief: Depression

Dr. Adam Lewis
Dr. Adam Lewis

In brief: Bias

You received excellent feedback from a number of providers already.
Bias can cause pain. Spend time with people who love you as you are. You are only 18- so you may benefit from working on self-esteem and crystallizing your sense of identity. Self -love can immunize against much.

In brief: Bias

In brief: Agree and more

I agree also - stay connected to yourself and your gut (your "God").
We are each created equal and unique. Live in the present. Move forward with your life doing what brings you closer to being the person you have in you. Eat right, stay active, take care of yourself. Spend your energy working on you not fighting others/their beliefs. Connect with supportive others -peers, doctor, minister.

In brief: Agree and more

Dr. Nicholas Stratas
Dr. Nicholas Stratas
Dr. Melissa Lynch
Emergency Medicine

In brief: GLBT depression

Hard question, JamesK.
Know that the world is changing and the majority of americans don't discriminate. And soon you will be an adult and can move/associate with people who are more welcoming. cliche, but truly #itdoesgetbetter. if that's not enough, try GLBT National Help Center (415) 355-0003

In brief: GLBT depression

Hard question, JamesK.
Dr. Melissa Lynch
Dr. Melissa Lynch
Dr. Gabriel Cline
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Know thyself

That's a complicated question.
I recommend that you work with a counselor or psychologist to develop a strong sense of who you are and what matters to you. This can help you understand why the opinions of others impact you so much and teach you how to limit negative influences in your life.

In brief: Know thyself

That's a complicated question.
Dr. Gabriel Cline
Dr. Gabriel Cline