A lump formed under my big toe. I rubbed it & it disappeared. I woke this morning to a dark purple bruise on the side of the toe. Is this worrisome?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends on progress

See how it continues healing, and if there's pain, then it's worrisome and you must see your PCP.
Or if the bruise gets larger. You may need to elevate it, and put cool compresses on it for relief, and no fish oils, aspirin, Advil, (ibuprofen) Ibuprofen as it could potentially increase the bruising. Monitor it, and if it improves, you are probably OK. Time will tell shortly!

In brief: Depends on progress

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Peter Kurzweil