I had surgery on my ear and i now have a ruptured eardrum. i am using ciplox-d and a lot goes down to my throat. is that safe?

Dr. Dustin Colegrove

it's ok.

it's ok.
Dr. Margaret Gourlay

In brief: Ear drop problem

The Cipro (ciprofloxacin) drops are running down your Eustachian tube, a tiny tube that connects your inner ear with the back of your throat.
The small amount of drops that you swallow won't hurt you, but it won't help your ear. As soon as you feel drops in your throat, move your head upright to keep the drops in the ear. If you develop worsening pain, fever or bleeding, see your doctor for a recheck.

In brief: Ear drop problem

Dr. Marsha Davis