How can I make sure the pet we buy will be good with our baby?

Dr. Shannon Cole
In brief: Pets/baby
I recommend adopting a puppy or kitten instead of introducing an older animal to children if the child is in the home first.
Your veterinarian can help you pick a breed that is generally good with children as far as size and temperament.

In brief: Pets/baby
Dr. Shannon Cole
Dr. Shannon Cole
Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Palliative Care
In brief: Dog breeds
Most dog breeds of you read the standard from the akc will describe the breeds best with children.
There are many. You may also ask the breeder. If you should choose a shelter dog , also a good choice, they can guide you as to the temperament they have observed and most good shelters test the dogs to see how they interact before adoption to clear them for adoption. Cats are more difficult-allergie.

In brief: Dog breeds
Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Dr. Cindy Juster