Is moxifloxacin useful for sore throat?

Culture. Most sore throats are viral and do not require any antibiotic. A good idea is a culture of the back of the throat and if the report is "normal flora" drink a lot of fluids, increase your intake of vitamin c. And be patient and let your immune system cure you. Incidentally Moxifloxacin is a third generation fluoroquinolone and is very expensive. Wait for the culture report before drug usage.
Why this med? I agree with dr. Joel. In addtion to the information he provided, i will give you some folk remedies for sore throats. Consider adding 2 tsp of slippery elm bark to 1 cup of hot water (steep for at least 5 minutes in a covered teapot). Drink this as needed to relieve pain or a few times per day. Slippery elm bark lozenges are another option. See below:.