Every time I stand up my vision blurs and gets dark, I feel weak everywhere and my head starts heating up, I get very dizzy as well, why is this?

Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery

In brief: Orthostasis

Feeling faint when getting up or standing from a seated position is usually related to orthostatic hypotension.
The postural reflexes (baroreceptors) that cause the heart to pump blood to the brain are slowed and there is insufficient blood pressure. It is caused by blood pooling in the lower extremities. Dehydration, bedrest, low B12 levels, anemia, and medications may be playing a role.

In brief: Orthostasis

Dr. Adam Lewis
Dr. Adam Lewis
Dr. Cornelius Dooley

In brief: Postural Hypotension

It may be that you are experiencing postural hypotension, in that your blood pressure drops when you move rapidly from a recumbent position to upright; given your age, you may be not drinking enough fluid in the summer months; increase your fluid intake; if things don't improve, see your PCP

In brief: Postural Hypotension

Dr. Cornelius Dooley
Dr. Cornelius Dooley
Dr. Andrew Reeves
Neurology

In brief: Blood pressure

Sounds like you might be developing low BP when you get up.
This is called orthostatic hypotension and it has many possible causes. Time for a doctor visit....

In brief: Blood pressure

Dr. Andrew Reeves
Dr. Andrew Reeves

In brief: Fainting, see doctor

When you stand, you are not greeting enough blood to your brain and are almost fainting.
(it's easier to get blood to your brain if your lying down). I recommend seeing your doctor as this could be due to dehydration, malnutrition, a heart problem or other serious conditions.

In brief: Fainting, see doctor

Dr. Sharonda Alston Taylor
Dr. Sharonda Alston Taylor
Dr. Eric Weisman