Can men with atypical cystic fibrosis have children? I have 2 children, I have no symptoms of CF and I am 32 years old. Never tested for CF.

Pathology

In brief: Sometimes

Actually, there are several different reasons that men with classic cystic fibrosis tend to be infertile; CFTR is part of the molecular machinery of spermatogenesis.
It depends on your mutation. I'm wondering what you're worried about. Best wishes.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice

Men with CF are not sterile.
they get blocked ducts in the reproductive organs from thick secretions. The atypical or late onset CF patient may not get as much blockage and may be able to have children.

Men with CF are not sterile.
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Why are you asking?

Why are you asking this? Do your children have CF?

In brief: Why are you asking?

Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Jonathan Jassey