Does hypoglycemia lead to diabetes?

Dr. Thomas Heston
In brief: Probably not
Diabetics are prone to experience episodes of hypoglycemia either due to medications or the somogyi effect.
So it would be useful to check for diabetes if you have hypoglycemia. There is no good evidence to my knowledge that shows a causative role of hypoglycemia in the development of diabetes. More likely, an existing diabetic will get hypoglycemia, not the other way around.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Thomas Heston
Dr. Thomas Heston
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
In brief: No
Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar usually seen as a side effect of medicine used to treat high blood sugars from the diabetes.

In brief: No
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain