Can a meconium drug test determine the difference between lortab and norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen)?

Dr. William Jenkins
Anesthesiology

In brief: The test

Will detect the narcotic but they are the same

In brief: The test

Dr. William Jenkins
Dr. William Jenkins
Dr. Marc Goldhagen
Occupational Medicine

In brief: No

I'm not sure what a "meconium" drug test is but both lortab and norco have hydrocodone and acetaminophen so no drug test can tell them apart.

In brief: No

Dr. Marc Goldhagen
Dr. Marc Goldhagen

In brief: Doesn't

Be aware that any such drug can be detected from as far back as the 20th week or so of pregnancy.
Both drugs are essentially the same & not different in testing. Since it is a controlled drug (specially monitored by the state & feds) possession of or use of without a prescription is illegal. If no prescription but positive drug screen, the kid goes to foster care in my state & the mom is charged.

In brief: Doesn't

Dr. Jonathan Jassey