How do I prevent highway hypnosis?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Many strategies

From a website (cited in comments): "suggestions to avoid highway hypnosis include: don’t eat a big meal before starting out on a long drive; stop every couple of hours to stretch your legs; don’t drive during the hours that you’re normally sleeping; talk to your passengers; open the window, get fresh air circulating through the car." caffeine & listening to talk radio can help too.
See comment:.

In brief: Many strategies

See comment:.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Above was from www.kenallenlaw.com/injuryblog/what-is-highway-hypnosis As much as I enjoy listening to music when driving, if tired I find talk radio (or an audio book) to be more stimulating; if you listen to music, more stimulating music may help. If you find yourself spacing out when driving it is best to stop to rest or do some physical activity. It is not worth risking injury you or others.
Dr. Eric Weisman