Throat been sore/red, gland sore for over 1 mth. Had cold then told treating for tonsillitis when all throat swollen. Then shingles. Why throat sore?

Dr. Charles Saha
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Immunity

It appears that your immune system is diminished.
If the throat remains sore despite treatment then have an evaluation by an ear, nose and throat specialist to rule out other causes

In brief: Immunity

Dr. Charles Saha
Dr. Charles Saha

In brief: Mono?

Have you been checked for infectious mononucleosis? Some viruses (like the Epstein Barr virus that causes Mono) can last many weeks or months and do not get any better with antibiotics.
The shingles are a reactivation of the chicken pox virus (Varicella-Zoster) and the reactivation occurs when your immune system is low, perhaps due to the throat virus. I recommend checking back in with your doc

In brief: Mono?

Dr. Rachel Chastanet
Dr. Rachel Chastanet