Cam a pinched nerve cause numbness in the back of the head and behind the ear?

In brief: Yeppers

That would be a C2 pinch & maybe a DASH of C3! Put them together & whaddya have? Numbness in the back of the head & behind the ear! So now my question to you.
How did it happen and what is being recommended? Can't cut the head or the ear off...not a good idea. It may resolve on the spot or be a "pain in the neck!" LOL! How about a SOOTHEAWAY device? www.sootheaway.com. Check it out.

In brief: Yeppers

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

a pinched nerve hihg in the neck or cervical spine can produce symptoms as you have described.
you may have a bone spur or disc narrowing the outlet of that particular nerve root. see you doctor. may need to see a neurologist.

Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Eric Weisman