Have 11mm kidney stone in left kidney. No pain. Getting it blasted in 2 weeks. Anything I should avoid to prevent it from moving before then??

Dr James Lin
Urology

In brief: Here are some ...

Kidney stone is usually quiet and causes no pain if staying inside the calyx; if rolling around inside the funnel part of kidney (called renal pelvis), such stone may cause intermittent obstruction like a ball valve.
In reality, minimizing vigorous physical activities like jumping to shake off from its attach to calyceal papilla or jerking out of calyx may help; otherwise, there is no magic to...

In brief: Here are some ...

Dr James Lin
Dr James Lin
Dr Rex Mahnensmith

In brief: Kidney stone care

Kidney stones tend to move with high activity or jostling activity.
To manage this carefully and conservatively, I recommend you rest, drink 2 to 3 liters of fluid per day, include as much lemon extract or high potency lemonade as you can tolerate, because it has citrate, which limits stone production, then otherwise maintain a low protein diet intake. After the stone is removed, diet is key.

In brief: Kidney stone care

Dr Rex Mahnensmith
Dr Rex Mahnensmith
Dr William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine