I had an abdomen scan last week.I have go for an MRI as shadows on the liver and fat around the liver and slightly enlarged gallblader. i am worried?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: It is normal

to be concerned. There is not enough information for me to speculate about the 'shadows' on the liver, if you have a fatty liver it is not unusual for small areas of non-fatty liver to look abnormal on ultrasound, so hopefully that is all it is.

In brief: It is normal

Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor

In brief: Difficult to say

what those findings mean, and that is why your doctor requested another study.
If it were something life-threatening, it should have shown up on studies so far, so I don't think you should worry too much. Ask your doctor what he is looking for when he ordered MRI.

In brief: Difficult to say

Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery