What happens to me when I get hypoglycemic?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Many things
When the body senses a low blood sugar, safety mechanisms kick in to begin to raise the blood sugar. Adrenalin is secreted to block the effect of Insulin and to produce sugar from glycogen stored in the liver. Counter regualtory hormones are secreted to raise blood sugar. One may feel jittery, drunk, confused, hungry, sweaty, heart pounding, weak, and sleepy.
Treatment is dictated by cause.

In brief: Many things
Treatment is dictated by cause.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Charles Glueck
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Low blood glucose
When glucose falls to levels below 70, or in some folks, <60, then the body tries to elevate blood glucose, releasing epinephrine, glucagon, and cortisol, all of which promote elevation of glucose.

In brief: Low blood glucose
Dr. Charles Glueck
Dr. Charles Glueck