If I feely hypoglycemic, shouldn't I eat sugar to compensate?

Dr. Nancy Bohannon
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Test your sugar!
Are you diabetic? On meds for it? What meds? If you feel hypo you should test your blood sugar and, if under 70, treat it with 15 grams of sugar (about 15 jelly belly jellybeans, 15 grams of glucose tablets or gel, an 8 oz.
Glass of milk or a standard piece of white bread, as examples). No ice cream or chocolate! (see my article on diabetes in the elderly at sugarnancy.Com) rechk 15 min.

In brief: Test your sugar!
Dr. Nancy Bohannon
Dr. Nancy Bohannon
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology
In brief: Depends
Are you truly hypoglycemic and if so why? One may feel "hypoglycemic" after severe exercise or after a long period of fasting.
You should consult a doctor to rule out any medical conditions as a cause of the hypoglycemia.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Andrea Brand