Hi. I did a fasting blood test. Cholesterol 198. Triglyceride 37. HDL 45. LDL 146. How good or bad these results are?

Pathology

In brief: Pretty good

LDL's a wee bit higher than we'd like.
See what you can do about that. Get back to that fitness-focused lifestyle you loved when you were a teen. I hope you'll make a healthy lifestyle, with fitness and sensible eating, central to what I'll bet will be a happy and healthy life.

In brief: Pretty good

LDL's a wee bit higher than we'd like.
Dr. William Cromwell
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: Need Information

Both labs and risk factors are important in knowing cardiovascular (CVD) risk.
More than cholesterol, CVD is related to the number of LDL (LDL-P) and HDL particles (hdl-p). Because cholesterol in LDL and HDL particles is highly variable cholesterol levels often disagree with particle number. When cholesterol and particle number disagree cvd risk tracks with LDL-P and HDL-P, not LDL-P or HDL-C.

In brief: Need Information

Dr. William Cromwell
Dr. William Cromwell
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine