If you go to the hospital for an overdose, do they call cops?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: No. ? Psychiatrist

Not supposed to in the us.
Appropriate (not police) have to be informed if subject is a child. Home circumstances must be investigated before it is safe to return a child, after overdose, to their home.

In brief: No. ? Psychiatrist

Not supposed to in the us.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Aaron Ament

In brief: THINK

If you overdose and require a hospital, aren't the cops a really secondary concern? In case you don't know, overdoses are sometimes an effective way to die.
Worth the risk? I think if people overdose they really need to be stabilized and live so they can go to a psychiatrist and learn why they needed to risk their lives and then stop it.

In brief: THINK

Dr. Aaron Ament
Dr. Aaron Ament
Dr. Cindy Juster