What do you suggest if my husband's sciatic nerve pain is on the upper back of the leg under his butt. It above. How can he get rid of this pain?

Given Your Pain. I would suggest seeing a pain/spine specialist to evaluate you further to evaluate what level and what can be done to treat you. There are interventional treatments besides medications and surgeries that might reduce or eliminate the pain altogether.