How can I determine if I have a cerumen impaction?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: CAN'T hear
Cerumen (ear wax) impaction causes hearing loss because the wax is so built up it causes 'an an ear plug'.
Patients also 'feel a full feeling in ear'. When the impaction is severe i send patients to an ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor who can remove wax with a suction device using a microscope.

In brief: CAN'T hear
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Also ear pain, ear itching can be symptoms too much cerumen in the ear. Remember nothing smaller than your elbow in your ear! See your provider first before any deep inspection of that ear canal to prevent injury to the ear canal and/or ear drum