If I have biopsy of thyroid with cancer, what are my chances of survival?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Generally great
The worst kind of thyroid cancer is anaplastic-- the survival is short, usually months.
For all other kinds, as long as the thyroid cancer hasn't spread to other organs, the survival is very favorable. Most patients end up dying *with* thyroid cancer, and not *from* thyroid cancer.

In brief: Generally great
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
In brief: Excellent
Best to review with your treating surgeon, but with thyroidectomy, lymph node removal, sometimes radioactive iodine, most people are cured.
Even in a situation if it has spread, people still live a normal life, for many decades.

In brief: Excellent
Dr. Lee Pederson
Dr. Lee Pederson
Dr. Steven Seres