What tests are used to diagnose my type 2 diabetes?

Diabetes screening. Blood tests are used to diagnosed diabetes. See link below to see if you are at risk for prediabetes/diabetes. https://www.facebook.com/americandiabetesassociation/app_283844141683657.
FPG. Fasting plasma glucose test is a preferred test that measures blood sugar levels. It is less expensive, convenient and easy to do. There are also hemoglobin A1c tests and oral glucose tolerance tests.
Try Pre-DX. The relatively new tests that use a multiplicity of diabetic "biomarkers" are very useful in accessing a person's potential for dm. These tests use a farely complex approach (mathematical analysis) to markers which analyze fat, carbohydrate and protein healthy metabolism. You get a score which your provider can "interpret" and give you an better informed approach to diabetes prevention.