How can I keep my blood glucose levels under control?

Dr. Horacio Capote

In brief: Complex Carbohydrate

Focus on 5 to 6 small meals a day composed of protein & complex carbohydrates.
Avoid simple sugars. Most importantly exercise --- it will make your muscles more sensitive to Insulin & they will take up any excess sugar from the blood stream.

In brief: Complex Carbohydrate

Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Take your medication

If you have diabetes the best way to maintain normal blood sugars is to take your medications as prescribed.
Following a prescribed diet regimen and engaging in regular exercise are also helpful. If you do not have diabetes, then keeping your body weight normal for your age and maintaining an active lifestyle with a healthy diet can help prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes.

In brief: Take your medication

Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Dr. William Forsythe